MHTview is a Bash script that allows you to view HTML email messages with inline attachments using a browser of your choice (e.g.: Firefox with some suitable extension, or the Opera browser). Ideal for text-mode Mail User Agents such as Mutt, Elm, mailx, etc.
- Just pipe the whole message into mhtview.
- Choose your favourite browser by setting the ad-hoc MHTBROWSER or the generic BROWSER environment variables.
- If you use Firefox, install an extension to let it "understand" MHTML files (which are just like self-contained HTML email messages with pictures). One such extension is UnMHT.
Version 0.4 — released on August 22, 2017 — features the following improvements:
- prefers $TMPDIR as temporary directory, if set;
- uses mktemp for temporary files, if installed and compatible.
MHTview has only been tested with the aforementioned UnMHT Firefox extension, and with old Opera versions (before the rendering engine switch). Opera options, paths and mechanisms might have been changed in the meantime.
“MHTview” is Copyright © Dario Niedermann
released with no warranty under the terms of the GPLv3